You Are A Miracle

Today I am grateful for safe travels for Darcy and Sam and that they are home. I am also grateful for the beautiful day and a run yesterday that brought me several doses of gratitude.

As I looked through some of my pictures last evening, I unearthed this one:


It's not a real clear picture, but the words "Don't look for miracles. You are a miracle." are visible in the middle of the picture. This is a bulletin board in my classroom at Spencer High School. I taught social studies there for six years, from 1992-1998. I liked to have lots of posters and signs on the walls, to pull students in and to also let them know my overarching philosophy.

"Don't look for miracles. You are a miracle."  Those words serve as much as a reminder to me as they are a plea to others. Smiles and laughter. The way our bodies work. A new day dawning. All miracles.

Making it one more mile. The interstate highway system being built. Technological advances. Being able to read and write. The changing seasons.

When looking at the world through the lens of gratefulness, miracles abound. Look for more today. 

I will be taking a blog break for a few days. Have a good day!


Comments