Wind-Driven Sleet

Today I am grateful for a warm house, rain gear, an evening out with Darcy, and warm milk on cereal.

That's a random gratitude list to start this post, and the post will likely be pretty random too.  Just like our weather has been. Yesterday it was sunny and nearly 50 degrees. This morning Oliver and I were greeted with wind-driven sleet as we headed out for his first morning walk. He didn't know what to make of it and it threw off his routine. There isn't much pleasant about wind-driven sleet.

The unexpected throwing off our routine. It happens. How do I handle it? Some days pretty well, other days with what amounts to swirling frustration. Oliver didn't know what to make of the wind-driven sleet, or the flash of lightning and roll of thunder that also took place in our brief minutes outside.

I don't always know what to make of the curve balls life throws me and the people I care about. Like this morning, the wind-driven sleet may be short-lived, or it can pelt us far longer than we would like.
I can complain about it, or I can work to accept what I can't change and focus my energy on what I can change.



Comments