Loving Intentionally

Today I am grateful for my sense of touch and the feel of snow and wind on my face and skin. I am also grateful for my husband Darcy and our son Sam and sharing meals together. 

I intentionally considered these words yesterday: "Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally." 
They were the ones that stayed with me the most from the quote in yesterday's post. 

Love intentionally. Make the effort. And it does take work. Don't be fooled that it is all sunshine and roses, whether romantic or other love. Labor of love. True words. But it is far from drudgery, in my opinion. The fruits of the labor are priceless. 

I loved intentionally when I wrote a note to my sister, put it in an envelope, and ran with it to the mail drop a mile or so from our house. I thought of her and sent her good energy and well wishes. Every step was a step closer to sending that little note, a hug from across the miles.

I loved intentionally when I prepared a meal for my family. Nothing fancy, but a meal we shared together. Preparing and eating a meal, cleaning up after it. Some days these seem like mundane tasks. When I remember who the meal is for, and how fortunate we are to be together and have food to share and a warm house to share it in, I feel a deeper contentment. 

Loving intentionally takes the focus off my selfish view on the day, but it also means self-love. It is a sane pace, reasonable expectations, pauses to give thanks. Living gratefully and loving intentionally complement one another well.

Have a good day of living and loving. 



Comments