Early Morning Exercise

Today I am grateful for a hat and gloves to wear on a chilly morning, and for the various exercises in the various realms of wellness (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) that help me maintain some sense of balance.

I started my day with early morning physical exercise. And when I say early morning, some of you may consider it the middle of the night yet, but I have always been one who can literally roll out of bed and head out on a run or other exercise.

I stayed indoors this morning. The sweat and endorphins both got flowing. It was physical exercise, but it also helps me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It clears my head, gives me time for prayer and reflection, reminds me of my priorities.

If I go into the exercise with swirling thoughts, I come out with more clarity and perspective. It boosts my mood and it elevates the sense of living gratefully that I am trying to cultivate. It is good for my body, mind, heart, and soul. I always feel better when I am done.

All of this makes it easier for me to summon the regular motivation it takes to do physical activity several times a week. I very much appreciate the healthy habit it is in my life, and the physical health that makes it possible for me to move my body so I can also move forward more positively, and with more energy, into a busy day ahead. What a gift!

Comments