Replenished

Today I am grateful for the variety of words I get to create with and around. I am also grateful for the pleasant weather yesterday for Darcy and I to do our last 20-mile training run before our marathon.

Even after that long run, I am feeling replenished today. Renewed. Recharged. Restored. There are many people and activities in my life that replenish me each day.

Running, writing, and living gratefully take some energy, but restore far more energy than they take.
Within each of these activities, I become absorbed in the present. Being full of fear and worrying about the past or the future drains me. Feeding my body, mind, heart, and soul in the present moment with footfall after footfall, word after word, grateful pause after grateful pause, sustains me.

The love and support I experience and feel from many family members and friends, the laughter and the tears we share, the conversations we engage in, are also very replenishing. I am blessed with many people who help me recharge and renew simply by bringing their own genuine nature and listening ears to our time together.

Recovery from alcoholism restores me. Drinking alcohol never did that. It only took and took some more. Supporting and serving others in recovery also helps me recharge.

My physical body needs replenishing nourishment. I am grateful for the food in our refrigerator and the options we have for enjoyable post-run meals. And ice cream, of course.

What and who helps you renew and restore your energy, your zest for life?

Comments

  1. Thanks for letting us follow along on the training for your marathon. Good example on how to focus on the present. I'll try to remember this example the next time I'm anxious about the unknown. I'm still trying to remember to practice gratitude. Energy replenishment comes from smiling w/ friends and volunteering. Need to do more of that because my positive "bucket" is running low!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that positive breeds more positive, gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied. Thanks Jenny!

      Delete
  2. do you have any helps on remembering to stay in the present? I get wrapped up in the drama and forget I have the ability to step away from the stress. Maybe a rubber band on my wrist... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to practice presence in a variety of ways, and also get suggestions from others on how they are able to do it. "Just breathe" is a good reminder to me. I will sometimes carry a note in my pocket, or put notes in places I will see often, to remind me to pause and breathe, or use a phrase like "right here, right now." I seek to become more aware of thoughts and physical feelings that are telling me now is a good time to step away. Some people put reminders on their phones--and a message pops up at certain times, or an alarm goes off reminding them to pause. So whatever works . . . the good news is that what we practice grows stronger. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. hmm, thanks for the good ideas to get me started!

      Delete

Post a Comment