"I don't know."

Today I am grateful for old songs, new insights, this day, and the moments that will comprise it.

In a brief exchange with a neighbor yesterday morning as I walked Oliver, I answered her question about garbage pickup with "I don't know." It was the correct answer because I truly didn't know. I walked away and thought to myself, it was easy to say "I don't know" in those circumstances. Even at that, it felt good and comfortable.

What about bigger questions about more significant things than garbage? Am I able to say "I don't know" and accept that?  Or do I try too hard? Do I let ego come up with a response, even an erroneous one?

There is freedom in "I don't know."  Along with honesty and ego deflation, I would also add motivation.

Will I ever publish a book?  I don't know. But I do know that I will keep writing, every day.

Take an "I don't know" and turn it into some action, and maybe an answer down the road.

I will be taking a blog break until early next week. Have a great weekend! Stay grateful.

Comments